Carpets can be difficult to clean and hard to maintain, especially if you have kids or pet and all the more, if you’re one of those people who adore fluffy textures and bright colors. So how can you keep them clean and looking fresh and new for a longer period of time?
Well, of course, you need to care for them, apply cleaning solutions on them, wash them and vacuum them periodically. Unfortunately, chemical solutions and repeated washing will make the colors become faded and the fabric look shabby in time, which will confer your carpet’s an unaesthetic appearance. Even a vacuum cleaner can damage it. Because of that, some well-known carpet manufacturers even stipulate conditions that nullify the warranty, if you’re using a vacuum cleaner brand that is not gentle enough with the fabric.
That is why, finding a top quality electric broom, especially designed for precious materials is your best choice if you want to preserve your carpet’s colors and texture. How can you do that?
- Know what is the main component of your carpet. Natural materials will need a gentler treatment, and that is why you’ll need to adapt the broom to them and not the other way around.
- Choose a broom that is able to provide good suction power, but that is fitted with a soft roller brush. Great suction power means you won’t have to press on the carpet’s surface for the broom to be able to pick up messes and lints embedded there. If the item is powerful enough, it will draw these inside the dust cup, while the soft, long bristles will pick up hair and lint with ease, without damaging the fabric in any way.
- Make sure you choose a product with multiple speed settings that you can adapt to different surfaces and materials. It is true that you won’t need the maximum power level all the time, but when it so happens that you’re dealing with dirt deposited deeply in the carpet’s texture you may have to apply a lot more power to get it out of there.
- Don’t forget about the garbage recipient. Carpets tend to accumulate a great quantity of messes and fluffs that take a lot of place to store, so if you are thinking about buying a broom to sweep your living room carpet, you must acquire one that has a large dust cup, able to store it all without you having to empty it during cleaning.
- If you’re buying a cordless product, make sure you are taking one that offers you at least 20 minutes of running time and, if you are buying a corded one, be sure the cable is long enough to offer plenty of mobility.